Friday, July 9, 2010

SQL Server 2008 Invalid SKU error

I was trying to set up SQL Server 2008 Cluster on Windows 2008 OS. Creating the cluster with a single node went pretty smooth. However when I wanted to add the second node to cluster I kept getting 'Invalid SKU error' and installation kept aborting the operation. I downloaded the new ISO of SQL Server 2008 from MSDN website with no help. Searching the net came out with the link below which stated that it was a know bug and ways to workaround it. I started the setup process from command line using the command below. At the end the node has been added with success.

Here is the command that I started the installation:
setup.exe /q /ACTION=AddNode /INSTANCENAME=""

Microsoft Connect bug report site:

HTH
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment