Saturday, March 5, 2011

70-432 TS: Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Implementation and Maintenance

Hello all,
I have been pretty quite lately. There are many reasons for that. One of them is I was preparing for the 70-432 exam. I see a lot of questions in the net about the preparation and books. So I wanted to blog something around that.

Good news is I passed the exam and scored 833 out of 1000. It's not too high of a score but if you score 700 or above, you're certified.

Now the preparation part. I have used MS Press book by Mike Hotek. I like how each chapter is divided into lessons that are not too long to complete. From my experience standpoint the book pretty much covers the material in the exam. The study gave me a chance to look at the features of SQL Server that I don't use day in and day out. I have been working with SQL Server since 2005 including version 2000/2005/2008/2008 R2. I did pass the 2000 Admin and developer certifications back in 2007. At the time where I work we did not have anything but SQL Server 2000. Since then a lot changed. However I still wanted to grab a book and study. However I do think that this book is not just enough. The questions at the end of each chapter are quite easy so it may give you a false sense of confidence (at least for me it might have been). So I turned to practice exam by Transcender. When I started the practice exam it was a lot tougher than the questions in the book. Transcender exam practice really helped me tune more towards the exam format. I definitely recommend the exam practice since it also helps with the explanation of the answers for each question. I also kept the BOL (Books On Line) open.

So one exam is down and I am trying to decide which MS SQL Server certification exam will be the next. Let me know about your certification thoughts. By the way I don't work for Transcender.

Good day,
Bulent

No comments:

Post a Comment